Steps to Apply
In order to qualify to attend the University of Arizona, you must complete the official admissions process. When you submit a complete freshman application you are considered for admission, scholarships and admission to The Honors College.
1. Complete the University of Arizona official Admission Application. The application can be completed online. You may also download a paper application or submit a request to have an application sent to you via mail.
Request a paper application sent via mail
You must call the UA Office of Admissions at 520.621.3237 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Mountain Standard Time.
2. Have your high school submit your official transcript.
Transcripts are official only if sealed in an envelope by your counselor or registrar. An official high school transcript must be submitted if you are under age 22 or if otherwise required. Students whose names have changed should ensure their current name is included on all transcripts.
Mail High School Transcripts to:Office of AdmissionsThe University of ArizonaPO Box 210073Tucson, AZ 85721-0073
Mail College Transcripts to:Registration & TranscriptsThe University of ArizonaAdministration Building, Room 210PO Box 210066Tucson, AZ 85721-0066
3. Submit your Official test scores from the SAT Reasoning Test and/or the ACT.
To submit your scores electronically, write code 4832 (SAT) or code 0096 (ACT) on the test reservation form. Scores posted on your official high school transcript are also acceptable.
Important Note: Applicants may be admitted without test scores, but scores need to be on file to be considered for scholarships or admission to The Honors College and for placement into foundation course work at New Student Orientation.
4. Pay the $50 (Arizona resident) or $65 (non-Arizona resident processing fee or waiver). This fee is nonrefundable and nontransferable.
Additional Applications for Programs and Colleges
Some programs or colleges may require additional application information and/or admission requirements.
- College of Engineering
- College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Nursing
If students apply to those programs and do not meet the additional qualifications, they will be offered admission in another program for which they qualify. A complete listing of undergraduate majors and degree programs is available online.