Surviving Finals Week
When mid December rolls around- every college student goes in to full on panic mode and starts functioning on two things: tears and coffee, but mostly tears. Just kidding… sort of. College finals are a stressful time, but they are unavoidable, so it is best to learn how to survive them early on in your college career to avoid numerous emotional and mental breakdowns. Don’t worry, the University of Arizona provides a ton of resources to help you cope with this strenuous time in your life.
- Puppies!!! During finals week, take a break from studying and wander over to the UA Mall, where people bring their therapy dogs for de-stressing puppy cuddles. What more could you ask for?
- Coffee! A lot of organizations post up on the mall during finals week and offer free coffee to aid you in your studying endeavors. Coffee is literally a life saver, believe me.
- The Rec Center usually offers free 30-minute massages to help relax you before your big exam.
- The Rec Center also offers free fitness classes to get those endorphins going and pump you up to show those exams who’s boss (it’s you, you’re the boss).
- Did you know you can rent study rooms? For the most intense study sessions, go online to http://bit.ly/1uLG4RM, and reserve your quiet study rooms for up to six hours during your final study sessions.
If all else fails, just take a deep breath, and relax. Everything will be okay, promise.