International Tuition Award
In recognition for students who exhibit an outstanding academic performance, the University of Arizona offers the International Tuition Award which offers $4,000 - $35,000 per academic year for freshman OR $5,000 per academic year for transfer students. A limited number of merit-based scholarships may be awarded to admitted students for Fall 2019.
International Freshmen Scholarship Awards
Without SAT or ACT
|TOEFL||79 or above|
|IELTS||6.5 or above|
|PTE Academic||53 or above|
With SAT or ACT
|TOEFL||79 or above||79 or above||79 or above||79 or above|
|IELTS||6.5 or above||6.5 or above||6.5 or above||6.5 or above|
|PTE Academic||53 or above||53 or above||53 or above||53 or above|
To qualify for the freshman international scholarships above, students must earn the associated ACT or SAT test score AND English Proficiency Score from one of the qualifying tests, along with the cumulative GPA listed. For example, an international student with at 1330 SAT score, 6.5 IELTS, and a 3.5 GPA would qualify for $16,000 per year.
International Transfer Scholarship Awards
$5,000 (minimum 36 college transferrable units, maximum 80 college transferrable units)
- Must verify your lawful presence as described under Arizona's Proposition 300.
Semesters without lawful presence verified will be lost and counted against the scholarship's total eight semesters.
- Awards are for undergraduate studies only.
- Meet the criteria from the charts above.
- In addition to the criteria above, submit a complete application and all required documents for admission by April 1 for Fall 2019.
- Scholarship recipients must accept their award by paying their enrollment fee by May 1 for freshmen and by June 1 for transfer students.
- Non-degree seeking, exchange, and conditionally admitted students are not eligible.
Freshman Award Amounts and Coverage
- $4,000 - $35,000; amounts for continuing students will remain the same as the initial offer.
- Scholarships are renewable for 4 years (8 consecutive semesters) for freshmen.
Transfer Award Amounts and Coverage
- $5,000; amounts for continuing students will remain the same as the initial offer.
- Scholarships are renewable for 2 years (4 consecutive semesters) for transfer students.
An application for admission serves as an application for the scholarship. Apply now >>
April 1: Submit a complete application and all required documents for admission by April 1 for Fall 2019. Documents submitted after April 1 will not be used for scholarship consideration.
May 1: Freshman scholarship recipients must accept their award by paying their enrollment fee by May 1.
June 1: Transfer scholarship recipients must accept their award by paying their enrollment fee by June 1.
The International Tuition Award is a highly competitive undergraduate tuition scholarship offered annually to a select number of international students attending the UA.
- Students selected for this scholarship will receive a notification by email and a letter in their admissions packet.
- Offers are non-negotiable and are not increased to match offers from other institutions.
- The award must be used the semester for which it was first offered.
- Awards are not offered for spring or summer terms.
Terms and Conditions
To learn more, visit our Terms and Conditions page and select "International Tuition Scholarship" from the list.