Domestic Student. Attended A Foreign Institution.
Requirements by country
If you are a US citizen, permanent resident, or asylee who has attended high school and/or college in a non-US school, you must follow the admissions requirements for the country of the institution you attended.
Regardless of citizenship, you must prove college-level English proficiency if your native language is not English, and/or you hold any credentials from:
- Non-English speaking countries
- Schools in US territories (i.e. Puerto Rico) where the language of instruction is not English
- Home school, where the language of instruction is not English
You may satisfy this proficiency requirement either by:
- presenting a TOEFL IBT score of 70
- presenting an official IELTS score with a minimum overall band score of 6
- completing the English program at our Center for English as a Second Language (CESL) at level 80 proficiency
After you take your exam (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT, ACT), you must have the testing center send the score report directly to the University of Arizona. Please note: It may take 3 weeks or more for the UA to receive score reports.